Re: FW: will AMSAT be ready for the next disaster?

At 01:51 PM 12/30/2004 -0500, Steve wrote:
>  I'm with Greg! We have many LEO's and even more are scheduled for launch
> this coming year..

I'm very much in favour of having AMSAT-NA concentrate on HEO only
satellites for the time being, but I'm concerned about this statement
especially the part about "even more scheduled".  I'm really interested in
knowing which LEO's AMSAT-NA has scheduled for this coming year?  As far as
I know, there are parts of the Eagle team who are working on SuitSat but
only to the degree that they will use SuitSat as a test platform to test
sensors ultimately deployed on Eagle.

To my knowledge, AMSAT-NA is not funding any new development or launches in
low earth orbit in the coming years leading up to the launch of Eagle,  and
from what I can sense from the general climate, the BoD would be lynched if
they tried to propose one.

73,

Emily
.