RE: will AMSAT be ready for the next disaster?

Alan,

You need to follow the footprint thru several orbits to get the full
picture.  The orbit for that TLE is about 10 hours 16 minutes in
duration.  The result is that the next orbit will be offset by ~150
degrees of longitude, or almost half way around the world, from the
first.

The ability to respond and have satellite resources available when and
where the need arises is essential if we are to move amateur radio
satellites out of the curiosity stage.  That is one reason why part of
AMSAT's vision is "to deploy high earth orbit satellite systems that
offer daily coverage by 2009 and continuous coverage by 2012".

73,
Lee-KU4OS