Check does not resolves others issues

On 30 Dec 2004 at 14:40, RaySoifer@cs.com wrote:

> I hope that everyone who posts messages saying "AMSAT should build a HEO"
> actually takes a pen in hand and writes a generous check to the Eagle building
> fund.  That's the only way I know of to make it happen!
>
> 73, Ray

Ray just remind me a 2001 september QST issue (Page 38). The article
was written by Steve Ford WB8IMY and here is an excerpt from it:

...You know  that the OSCAR 40 satellite is now open for business.
It's been a long time coming, but well worth this wait.

The history of this spacecraft reads like a soap opera. First we
endured almost 10 years of planning, building and several
disappointing setbacks. When OSCAR 40 finally soared into space last
november. evrething appeared to be working perfectly--- until the big
bird went ominously silent during an engine firing a few weeks later.

As the late Jim Morrisson of The Doors lamented. "This is the end, my
only friend , the end"...

I like his style... and we all know the friend is passing out few
months later.

I don't know if sending more checks can change the past but i doubt
this will change the actual AMSAT planned schedule of events.

Is someone can come down to earth and reality instead of dreaming
about the impossible dream another song title here...and try to learn
on the past experiences and errors instead of repetedly only asking
for money. Could be more donations will flow from donors who will see
AMSAT recongnishing their faults and the concrete ways choosen to
avoid them in future.

We do that wrong, we do this right see how we will do it in
future...simple plan...:)

Checks! checks! checks! come and boogie! come and boogie!...
Yes it takes money we all know that...can we go further from this
point?

BTW on www.qsl.net/ve2dwe there is a picture dated back november 15
1977 where you will see three folks already announcing their Ham club
is sending checks to AMSAT.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator.
AMSAT# 33583
Site WEB site: www.qsl.net/ve2dwe
Forum:
VE2DWE2004-subscribe@yahoogroupes.fr