Re: AO-51 update -unscrambled

My first attempt got a little scrambled. Sorry.
73, Drew KO4MA

AO-51 Users

In an effort to lend any assistance possible to the Earthquake/Tsunami
disaster area, we will configure and open AO-51 for use as a
store and forward message satellite for those in the disaster area.
Therefore at this time we will cancel the current schedule for AO-51.
The planned mode change to the FM Repeater in high power will not occur.

AO-51 will be reconfigured at approximately 0305 utc on 30 DEC to operate
as a Store and Forward PBBS.  The PBBS will still be open to general amateur
use, but amateur operators should be ready to cease BBS operations at any
moment, when we start to receive message traffic.  We ask that all
unattended PBBS operation stop until further notice.  AO-51 PBBS users
may be requested to help download and forward messages.  More information
about how amateur operators can help will be forthcoming.

The FM repeater (Downlink 435.300 Mhz, Uplink 145.920 MHz) will be turned
off to allow maximum power to be used on the PBBS downlink.

The configuration for AO-51 PBBS will be or normal setup:
Downlink:  435.150 MHz, FM 9600 baud PacSat BroadCast Protocol (PBBS)
Unlink:  145.860 MHz FM, 9600 baud PacSat BroadCast Protocol (PBBS)

Anyone that can help contact those in the disaster area and inform them
of the Satellite resource is encouraged to do so.

Amsat and the Echo Command Team appreciate your help and understanding as
we try and lend assistance.

73 KE4AZN
Mike Kingery
Echo Command Team