Re: SatPC32 and FT-847 problem solved

Hi Kevin,

Make sure to shut off the "satellite mode" VFO
tracking when using computer control. The FT-847
cpu seems to have a problem when it tries to
update the transmit VFO while tracking the receive VFO
and gets an RS-232 command at the same time. If the timing
is just right, the transmitter will go way off frequency
and will no longer function.

This sounds similar to your situation and resetting the CPU will
also cure the problem at least temporarily. If you enable
VFO tracking while using computer control, the problem will
eventually show up again.

73,
Tony AA2TX

---