Re: AO51 Freq.

Fabio,

According to the ITU working group documents (ITU-D Study Groups
Secretariat Telecommunication Development Bureau) your friends are in
error. According to the ITU appendix for Thailand, amateur satellite
transmissions are permitted in Thailand in the band 145.8 - 146MHz (T-6)
and amateur satellite service (space to earth) is allowed to operate in the
band 435-438 MHz (T11).

73,

Emily

At 07:03 PM 12/29/2004 +0100, Fabio Roccatagliata wrote:
>I was talking via echolink with some friends on Thailand and I was
>passing them the infos about the AO51 pbbs frequencies and modes
>changed due the Tsunami disaster.
>They told me 435Mhz is not allowed there and it's not possible to find
>radios working on that segment without an open band mod.
>If 435Mhz is not allowed on Thailand.... maybe in other countries?....
>how can be able people to use the AO51 pbbs service or any other bird
>? FO29 for example.
>
>73
>Fabio Roccatagliata
>IZ1EGT