From: G.Victor A .Goonetilleke
Date: 12/27/04 18:14:41
To: malcolm
Subject: Re: HELP

Malcom, can't get through to the number  I will keep trying.  Just exhasted
after a very hard day getting emmergency communications arrangements. All
forms of communications are down and only HF has a chance, so a teach of 5
is travelling through the night. We are setting up an oper centre in the
Prime Minister's offical residence.  I really hope our efforts will work.

We have an acute shortage of equipment for these field operations  eithout
electricty  For example we have a ham in one of the worst hit areas but he
has a TS 830 which he can not run off 13.5v. Anyway depending on how things
work tomorrow we might be in a position to get State support.. Mainthing is
we want to ease the human siffering and much could be done if they have a
two way link.

Regards
Victor
-------