ANS News Search Unavailable 12/28/2004 @ 0200 UTC

There was big interest in the ANS News Search feature I added on the 25th,
and after looking at the nature of searches it became seemed that
additional information that could be mined from past ANS stories.

To mine this additional information I will need to re-parse the ANS stories
and rebuild the database. This will start at 0200UTC 27 Dec 2004 and
continue for about 2 hours.  I apologize if this causes anyone any
inconvenience.

Additional features that will be incorporated are:
1) Addition of a "source document" field
2) Additional parsing to try to extract the original author or contributor
of the article (generally when credit is given in the last paragraph of the
article).
3) Searching on the author/contributor name.

In addition, I will be archiving the 1994 - 2001 editions of "Space News",
which will also be online for searching.

I will post another email when the conversion is completed.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm

Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org