From: "Mark L. Hammond" <mlhammond@charter.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:45 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-51 38k4 on 2.4GHz--reports?

> Anybody have any luck with the recent US pass(es) with AO-51 38k4 on
2.4GHz?

> I tried---could hear the bird, but still had dish pointing/frequency
issues.  Was using Wisp to control array, WispDDE to control frequency for
PCR-1000 on receive (and TS-2000X on xmit).  Went to manual on both array
and frequency to try and find it well enough to try and print packets.

> I didn't get the DCD to light.
>
> It will take multiple attempts to get things figured out, array accuracy,
etc. (more precise transverter offset, etc.).

> This is not an easy mode!  But it was fun trying :)  Makes 9600 on 144/435
seem like a walk in the park.

> I wish we could leave the bird in this mode for about a week, or at least
a long weekend sometime.  I'm afraid this is what it might take for the
"casual" user...