LVB Tracker problems

I purchased the LVB Tracker Kit from Amsat-UK a couple of weeks ago. I have
completed the unit but still am unable to get it to function.

 The display shows it is powering up, and I get nothing but squares on the
top row of the display.

 I have tried and tried to figure this out. I guess my kit building days are
catching up with me.

 Is there anyone who might be able to give me ideas or even offer to help
diag my problem??

73 de Angelo N5UXT