Re: AMSAT-BB-digest V2004 #499

>>The problem is negotiating permission to fly on the launch vehicle.
>>Getting these things tested costs 10 times the transponder costs.
>>Your offers to build a transponder, while being very kind,
>>do not solve the problem.

William responded:
>In the mean time I will go on with building transponders and
>get them somehow working as a satellite payload.

Great for you William!
It takes both.  And most anyone can work the BS - PR problem
of trying to get a launch (if he is lucky enough to be in the right
place at the right time) but only a few have the talent to
design and build a transponder.  I agree with William that we
must have linear transponders in mind and ready for when the
opportunities arrise.

Yes, I can throw a KPC-3 TNC and an FM rig to make an instant
PCsat or another FM bird,, but what we ALL want are
linear transponders, so proceeding to build one in advance of
any specific opportunity is the right way to go in my opinion...

Bob

73 de PE1RAH,
William Leijenaar
---