Re: Delta 4 Heavy going up pretty empty?

Hi AMSATs,

I just looked at the given webpage for the Delta 4 Heavy launch.
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/RAgeo.html

I just wondering how you would like to make this satellite in such short
time ?
Making such an idea takes many time, and lots of money.

Better use KISS (Keep It Stupid Simple) technology for such oppertunities.
Just make a small payload and keep it waiting on the shelf. When the next
oppertunity comes you just pick it of the shelf and "throw it in their (the
rocket company) hands" :o)

A simple transponder in a metal box and a small antenna would be enough to
be attached on this DemoSat. When a lineair transponder is out of financial
or technical reach a FM transponder could be made in a couple of weeks, and
in small size. There must be always some space left to attach a small
"piggy-backing" payload. Even on the big 3M$ primary satellite .o)

Its maybe a good idea for AMSAT-International to be prepaired for the next
oppertunity,
I am already working on a lineair transponder that will be available of my
shelf.
At the moment I have some more priority to other payloads, but it will
come...

73 de PE1RAH, William
---