RE: Minimum Rotator Requirements for 10 ft Grid dish.

On 12 Dec 2004 at 17:52, Gary L. Memory wrote:

> Joe:
>
> While I can't answer your question, I too am interested in this same
> thing.  About 12 years ago, there was a company (Nytek or Nitek or some
> such.....) that sold an AZEL positioner for a 7 or 9 foot dish.  It
> would point to anywhere but within about 5 degrees of zenith.  I was
> going to buy one...but didn't have the money at the time.  I'd sure like
> to know if they are still in business or if a similar device was
> available.  Let me know if you find out.
>
> Gary Memory, N7BRJ

Until october this setup with a 25 years old tailtwister perform very
well (2 years)  but on a very windy day the tailtwister motor burn
the temp sensor probably fail and the winding open.

You can have an idea of this setup on www.qsl.net/ve2dwe. There is a
lot more of elegant systems but i choose the KISS way.

I just got a replacement rotor yesterday i will let you know the
results but it is no more a cheap way to go.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Québec AMSAT coordonnator.
AMSAT member 33583