Happy 100th Birthday W4FJ

Today, Dec.11 is an auspicious day for a AMSATer who has been with us since
the start.

Ted Mathewson, W4FJ in Richmond VA was born Dec.11 1904. Many of us have
worked Ted on all the Mode B/J satellites going back to AO-7. Ted is also
famous for his tremendous signal on 432 terrestrial modes. Many VHF/UHFers
also know Ted from the Central States VHF Society; Ted was the first CSVHFS
secretary and served faithfully in that position thru 1984. For many years,
Ted was known as "Mr VA MARS" and obtained lots of good military surplus RF
hardware and test equipment through the years.

Dave Meier, N4MW reports that Ted is still sharp as a tack, although his
hearing is now poor.

Personally, I also remember Ted regaling us with stories of his
intercontinental trip in a Concorde; as I recall it was his 80th birthday
present!

Happy Birthday, Ted