Re: Re: Re: [bod] AMASAT's 800 Number

This is a very interesting point to bring up.

The current number is 1-888 F(ine) B(usiness) AMSAT.  It is an North
American 888 number because an 800 number would cost far too much and
increase overhead. Advertising it as DC-AMSAT would imply it was the number
of AMSAT-DC which is a different Amateur Radio Club (like Project OSCAR,
for example) affiliated with AMSAT, but which by no means pays directly for
administrative costs of the home office. The home office is totally funded
by AMSAT - the parent corporation.

So remember - 1-888-F(ine) B(usiness) AMSAT - Martha is awaiting your call
for renewing memberships, making contributions and helping out in various
ways.  Also remember that the store is online at:

http://www.amsat-na.com/

Remind your friends and family that a purchase of that hat or shirt for you
(the person who is difficult to buy for) helps support your favourite
hobby. We have no holiday consultants standing by, but the address again is:
http://www.amsat-na.com/

73,

Emily

At 12:36 PM 12/10/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Actually it would have to be 267-2862 to be AMSAT-NA,
>but as it is now the current number 1-888-322-6728
>could be remembered as 1-888-DC-AMSAT.
>
>Dan
>
> >Martha wrote:
> >
> >>Please note that our "800" number  (1-888-322-6728)
>will be out of service
> >> until the end of the day.
>
> >Which reminds me: did anyone ever look into securing
> >267-2762 with any
> >of the toll-free prefixes?  (That spells AMSAT-NA.)
> >It appears that
> >both 888 and 877 are available (but 800 is not) for
> >that number.
>
>--
>Dr. H. Paul Shuch, N6TX
>Member, AMSAT Board of Directors