RE: SSETI in the news, well, sort of

Hi AMSATs,

I seen the information about the SSETI satellite project already some time
ago.
Very interresting that it is done by students, and even in The
Netherlands...

Although I am wondering if there are any students from The Netherlands
participating.
>From my school experience I know that schools in NL are not really
interrested in such projects.
It would be a big supprise to me if they now participating. Maybe in
programming, but on RF level it would supprise me more...

Then I am also still woundering why there is no connection with Dutch
amateur world. I am sure most of the hams in The Netherlands even have no
idea of SSETI beeing build here haha...
I think its also because of the little information given away in local
amateur world, especially about the ham radio transponder. Somehow it sounds
to me as this is not the most interresting for them.

On the AMSAT-UK I can find that it is a one channel FM MODE-U/S transponder.
Next time I like to present a lineair transponder :o)

* The something about the cube-sats. I woundering how space will look like
after several years with many of these small objects flying around. Please
look at the following web-site to see how it looks already now:

http://www.orbitaldebris.jsc.nasa.gov/photogallery/beehives.html#leo

Better place them all on one base-satellite. It makes the object much
bigger, and better to detect by radar. (less dangerous to future satellites
and vehicles) You also need no eject system, what is just death weight and
lowers the satellites efficiencies. Its also better for improving contacts
between payload builders.

Just some comments during my morning coffee,

73 de PE1RAH,
William
---