Re: HTs on Airplanes

When I flew to Florida this spring I carried 2 ham
HTs, an FRS HT and a scanner in a carry on bag with no
problem and no questions.

My checked bag was opened and inspected once, possibly
because of the mag mount antenna and coax. They don't
tell you why, only that they did.

Generally you need permission from the captain to even
use a receiver in flight, so don't plan on operating.

Mike kc9doa