Salton Sea satellite operator?

A couple of years ago, I was driving around the south end of the Salton Sea
in California, and spotted what was clearly a pair of KLM antennas on an
AZ-EL mount.  They were located in a light commercial area in a fenced in
lot, so I was unable to determine any other information.  Any idea who that
might have been?  No important reason to know.  Just idle curiosity.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that
a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of
professionals built the Titanic.