70cm Transverter project

Hi all,

I'm looking for a 70cm transverter project.  I realize that DEM and
DB6NT sell these but I think that I'd like to build it myself (a kit
might be okay).  Is anyone aware of something like this out there?
Something not too expensive would be nice.

Also, does anyone have any comments on "A high performance easy to build
432MHz transverter" from the Aug. 1991 QST?

73s,
David Carr
KD5QGR