Re: Icom 910H CAT problem

Hi Jeff,

You didn't mention whether or not you have the ICOM CV-17 or if you built
your own.  I built my own, and found that after a year the 7417 level
converter died.  After it died, rather than soldering in a new 7417 I
installed a 14 pin DIP socket "just in case".

73,

Emily

At 06:39 AM 12/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I have an Icom 910H that has an intermittent CAT control problem. It has
>worked fine for over a year, a few weeks ago it started acting up. It
>would start to work again if I did a full reset, and played around with
>the CAT delay in SATPC32. Now the CAT control isn't  working at all.  As
>it is /was intermittent I rule out a bad chip? I'm thinking cold solder
>joint. I've tried other control software, and CAT cables, problem appears
>to be in the 910H. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
>
>73 Jeff kb2m ----

W0EEC - CM87tm

Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org