Re: bb lag

I have also noticed this and the problem is spam - according to Paul,
almost 90% of the mail volume that is directed at amsat.org mail aliases is
spam.

The AMSAT domain is not permitted by board decision to delete spam, so the
BB messages get backed up behind it. I've had a couple of conversations
with Paul about this (so please don't retread it back to him - believe me
when I say Paul is very aware and constantly looking for solutions.) Under
the current guidelines the servers are doing the best they can without
actually deleting messages they believe are spam.

Spam is a serious problem for everyone. I'm extremely cautious and still
approaching 70% of all email I receive being so.  National statistics are 88%.

While I am in favour of free speech I do believe unsolicited electronic
media needs an exception. I don't have an electronic copy but my thesis
paper was on the electronic holocaust of 2010 - spam and phishing were
outlined as the mean causes. I wrote it in 1988.

73,

Emily

At 03:43 PM 11/24/2004 -0800, wa6fwf wrote:
>Hi All,
>   anyone else notice that it takes hours and hours for a post to make the
> rounds?  is the BB on a different server or
>something else going on that would explain it?
>
>73
>Kevin
>wa6fwf
>#19623