RE: 21MHz satellite interference from planet Jupiter ???

Hi William

For some years now, I have been listening and recording 20 MHz non-thermic
noise coming from Jupiter.
L bursts and S bursts (L ans S stand for long and short) generated in the
jupiterian magnetosphere are directly linked to the position of a Jupiter
satellite called Io.
The noise bursts appear during predictable periods, and they are a few
minutes to some quarters of hours long.
My amateur "radiotelescope" consists in an array of two pairs of 20 MHz
dipoles and in an ICOM IC-738 transceiver.
The largest bursts (around 100 000 jansky) give about 0.5 microvolts at the
50 ohms input of my receiver, and that's for a short period only and only a
few times on a 12 months period.
So the Jupiter noise shouldn't be a problem for a 21 MHz sat uplink ...

73 de Jean-Louis F6AGR