Re: APRS on expedition?

Yep,

ISS only rises to a max elevation of 11-degrees here at 60.675 North and
Franz Josef Land is around 80+ North latitude.

Ed - AL7EB

At 12:41 AM 10/31/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>>>I'm trying to find a solution to put APRS on an expedition
>>>to Franz-Josefs-Land - b... to track them on findu.com or...
>>>via PCSat NO-44, [or other amateur satellite]...
>

>>Better to set it to uplink via the ISS digipeater listening on
>>144.99.   Tracking special expeditions like that so that
>>kids and schools can follow this special event is exactly the
>>kind of application that is ideal for the ISS digipeater.
>
>Bob, better look at the orbit for ISS. I don't think it goes to
Franz-Josef Land, ever.! Way too far North.
>Even if it did, who would be also in the footprint to gate it to the
internet? Better (meaning possible) to teach them how to use store and
forward on AO-51 or GO-32. That latitude they'll get dozens of chances a day.