Congrats Re: Echo

I just got off a pass of AO-51.  I made a few quick contacts after aos using
my standard setup (5 watts KLM22c and 40CX).  Near mid pass I brought out my
Kenwood TH-F6A ht and worked the bird using the rubber duck as a transmit
antenna.  I made the bird with a bit of noise but was able to work a station
in Alabama with a handheld.  I used my big rig and klm antennas to receive the
bird but the signal from the ht made it in.  That bird has a hot receiver!  My
congratulations to the AO-51 designers.  Thanks for a great bird.  The low
power repeater mode should be interesting.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM
dmart@pure.net