SuitSat, was Re: Re: FCC notification

I was thinking it might be useful to do on-orbit endurance testing,
push the limits of the suit's systems (which is safe to do without a
live crewmember inside ;-) and downlink data via ham radio, maybe along
with a voice or digi transponder.  (Or SGPS/APRS even .. how cool would
that be?)

Of course a lot will depend on whether the suit orients itself head up
or head down, either of which is a stable position ..

On Tuesday, Oct 26, 2004, at 11:18 US/Central, Reicher, James wrote:

> Wish we could send a few more "empty suits" into outer space!

"Oh yeah? Well, I speak LOOOOOOOUD, and I carry a BEEEEEEEger stick --
and I use it too!"  **whop!**   -- Yosemite Sam

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed and
hence clamorous to be led to safety by menacing it with an endless
series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. MENCKEN