Re: FCC notification

It is only appropriate that a transponder "launched" in a Russian space suit should get a Russian license.

I honestly don't comprehend the concept of a government demanding to be the sole licensing authority for a transmitter that will be used in space.  No nation can legitimately claim exclusive jurisdiction outside the earth's atmosphere.  If all countries launching satellites are abiding by the same ITU rules for various satellite services, it seems to me that any country (abiding by the rules) should be able to grant a license, and every other country should be obligated to recognize that license.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA