A naive helix/dish question

I'm putting together my 1m dish for use with mode L/S or U/S on AO-51.
I started with a HighGain HG2424G and I added extensions to fill out the
perimeter of the dish so that it is a complete circle.  I have lined the
dish with 1/4" hardware cloth.

I am at the point I need to consider how to mount the 5 1/2 turn helix I
have.  The question I have is, do I mount the helix so that the far end
of the helix turns or the ground plan of the helix is at the focal
length of the dish?

Also, are dishes and helix as easy as G3RUH makes them out to be?

-Freeman, N5FPP