Re: echo mode S

Bob,

Yes a 1.2m dish may be more than needed for Echo (would have made a nice
L-band antenna for AO-40).  Not sure what EIRP requirments are for Echo,
but if you set up the dish you can be sure to have adequate station for
P3E, later.

I am going to re-set up my mode-L station with the same equipment I had for
AO-40:  144/1268 DEM Tx-conv.(15w)/5-foot of 1/2-Heliax/45-elem loop yagi.
That should provide roughly 1400w EIRP max.

Presently, I am nearing completion of a total re-build of my 2m-eme system
which involved disconnecting all the satellite cables, too.  Hopefully in a
week or so I will have things reconnected and operating for mode-US and LS
will follow as soon as I install the Tx-convertor.  This is fun since today
we received 2-inches of snow!  Winter has arrived at 60.675 N latitude.

73's Ed - AL7EB