Re: Re: HEO Satellite Projects

John:
First, I would like to thank all who posted responses, to my comments.  In the sprit of keeping less informed members, as myself up to date, I raised a couple of valid questions that Iím sure members like myself are asking, regarding specific details on cost and dates.

 As a manager, Iím keenly aware of keeping my customers, both internal and external, informed on very specific project details, especially, concerning cost and deliverable dates.  The way I see it, the membership are customers of AMSAT-NA, and they deserve the same level of attention.
  That being said, I would like to note the following vision statement that was released at the AMSAT-NA:
.
 ďOur Vision is to deploy high earth orbit satellite systems that offer daily coverage by 2009 and continuous coverage by 2012...
This requires two HEO satellites by 2009 and three by 2012.Ē  Great vision, I wish it could be sooner, with well defined milestones.

This is what is posted on AMSAT-DL, along with their donation link, which I might add is far easier to make a donation via credit card. and is what we need on the AMSAT-NA site.

ďAMSAT-Phase 3EXPRESS (P3E) is the next satellite in the world renowned series of AMSAT Phase 3 satellites (P3A, AO-10, AO-13 and AO-40). Work on the satellite, planned for launch in 2005, has already started.Ē

Simple, concrete, consise.

73ís Joe, K7ZT