Re: AO-51 still in mode L/S

Ib,

You can find the latest schedule on the AMSAT site here:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php

The control ops have done a great job of keeping it up to date.

Looks to me like it will stay in L/S until Oct. 27.

Once the bird cleared the trees last night, I had a chat with KE4AZN on mode L/S.   Full doppler control worked wonderfully, but using mode S was a quick reminder that my array is not "zeroed" to North....I had to keep manually moving the array to keep a reasonable signal.  Have to fix that this weekend.

I was using the TX-2000X (10 watts out) with a 20 turn Wimo helix.  It worked better than I expected!

The receive system is a 30" dish/modified Trans System converter/DEM preamp. The downlink signal is really quite "big".  This is a good bird to try some mode S (although the low orbit/rapid Doppler might be a challenge for a first-timer with an untested system).

Based on signal strenght, it wouldn't suprise me if a simple portable system of S and L band helices would be just dandy for this bird...

Anyhow, I hope we can run the bird in this mode on a routine schedule.  Good chance for folks to move into other bands.

73,

Mark N8MH