From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of G0MRF@aol.com
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 8:41 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re suitsat

Hello Ed.

Ooops too late for a secret!  Details are on the amsat web site:

Actually, is it just me or does hurling an old russian space suit out of the
ISS ( presumably the suit is not covered in solar cells) tend to send the
wrong message about amateur radio to agencies who are trying to clean up
earth orbits?
I know it's an all too rare opportunity, but surely there are projects which
would enhance our collective reputation.
For example. I realise that anything with combustable propulsion would never
be let anywhere near the ISS or shuttle, lbut there are great ideas out
there, like Tom clark's electrolysis of water propulsion system. OK, it's
slow! but what a great idea. With modern day low mass pico-sats it stands a
good chance.

73

David  G0MRF

Message: 6