Re: HEO Satellite Projects

Ken:
I do appriciate your open mind, regarding this topic.  I completely agree
that both are worthy projects,
and need to move forward, however, I just recall the delays with AO40, the
constant apealls for more
and more money. Earlier today,  I ask two questions:

1.  How much money (estimate) are we looking at to launch Eagle, following
it's construction?
2.  What is the best estimate of when it might be launched?

Idealy, I would like to see a matrix that compaires the two satellite,
projects side by side, including the metrics
above, that will help the members to decide when and how much to contribute
to each project.

I have friends that may not be around to see Eagle launched, I maintain that
we should focus on the HEO project,
that has the best opportunity to launch the earliest, and then focus on the
other.
I realize that this isn't quite as ambitious a project as P3D, so hopefully,
we won't have as many delays.
The LEO FM projects are OK, and have their place, but I don't think that
marketing to the HT crowd is going
to deliver the core, long term membership necessary to keep AMSAT going.

My dos centavos,
- Joe, K7ZT

I knew that when I dared to ask the question, that it would probably invoke
challange the