RE: P3E or Eagle (was AMSAT Journal membership)

There has already been a referendum of the organization's membership.
You members voted on a board of directors.  Implicit in your vote and the
membership is that you support the organizations constitution,bylaws, etc.

If you do not, you can run for the board and attempt to change them or
resign your membership.

The facts are, I was witness to your IPP (immediate past president),
CP (Current President), and Peter Guelzow discussing how we might go
forward.  The AMSAT-DL group and many of the current "AMSAT-NA" technical
people are actively engaged in AMSAT-DL work and many of us are going
to the AMSAT-DL design meetings.

With my recent postings on WHY AMSAT-DL should allow AMSAT-NA to collect
funds for the -DL project (so that NA members in the U.S. could get a
tax write off in support of our mission), that has been resolved. If
you give money to AMSAT-NA for P3E, it will go to AMSAT-DL (every dime)
and AMSAT-NA is absorbing the costs of administering that money (miniscule
in comparison I hope).

Do you folks ever read the journal or look at the web site or listen to
what the IPP or CP write here?  All of this has been written by them.

AMSAT-NA and AMSAT-DL have nearly 30+ year history of working together,
arguing, fighting, compromising, and it appears to me that this will
continue into the future.  That is good.  AMSAT-DL project management
structures have changed and so have ours.  We have ourselves a former
Naval Commodore keeping us straight and AMSAT-DL has Heike to crack the
whip.

AMSAT-NA members are doing computers, data bus structures, DSP work, etc..
We are doing
less mechanical work than before because we are using an older three pointed
star frame left over.   "We"  are helping them.  I hope "we" help them
more and more.  If Peter Guelzow can be said to be the spokesperson
for AMSAT-DL, we are encouraged to work with them on the P3E project.

Send some money to Martha, earmark it for P3E, and it will do the right
thing.

Bob
N4HY