Re: P3E or Eagle (was AMSAT Journal membership)

After reading K7ZT's question, I was struck with one of my own.

Is AMSAT-NA (the regional entity) and AMSAT proper (the international
entity) the same organization?  More to the point aren't we, who are
part of AMSAT or AMSAT-NA, members of the same organization?  I would
expect AMSAT-DL to be the same, but it doesn't seem to be from the
comments I have read on this list.

I would also expect that AMSAT proper is doing all that it can to
support AMSAT-DL with their PE3 efforts.

-Freeman, N5FPP