AO-51 in mode L/S over Europe

Hi all,
I listened to a pass with AOS at 1607 UTC here from
Copenhagen - and just heard it and could hear myself.
Max. elevation 2 degrees. The pass was to the east.

Next pass with AOS at 1741 UTC also to the east
with a max. elevation of 11 degrees was much better.
Now I was able to get a pretty good signal throu
the satellite sometimes.
Lots of QSB on both passes since I am using linear polarisation on
my 2,4 GHz BBQ grill dish.
Another problem is that my antenna tracking do not follow very tight
to avoid wear on the system. Helped it manually sometimes.

I use an ICOM IC-910H with 10 W in the radioroom. At the antennas
it is a little less than half of that.
Antennas are 2 19 turn helix types, RHCP.

Downlink is a BBQ grill dish 60 by 90 cm, linear polarisation with
a mastmounted DB6NT downconverter.

One interesting thing about the IC-910H is that the AFC was able to
follow the doppler shift on the downlink frequency - that is cool :-)
Only had this little fellow for a couple of weeks - but I like it
already.

Would be better to use computer control. That may come later.

73 OZ1MY
Ib