Re: Re: AMSAT Journal, Membership survey, ARISS/Human Spaceflight

On 20 Oct 2004 at 19:23, sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> I have already made a contribution to P3E and don't plan on giving to Eagle
> before P3E flys.
> Its the only thing that makes any sense. P3E is something I can use within
> the next 2-3 years and Eagle is years away from launch.
>
> W4SCO

I think it is a logical course of action and as Gunther Meisse wrote "Your support of P3E is fine and we all
support this fine bird" he added " It is not an: "Us or Them"situation. Its is more a question of who come
first... Which program can bring the most wanted one in a lesser time span?

Nobody wants AMSAT-NA to trash EAGLE but as a WORLDWIDE FAMILY. As Gunther also wrote " I
hope we can count on all AMSAT members from around the world in this massive undertaking. It is going to take
ALL of us pulling on this rope!!

Which rope in the present state of completion of both project (EAGLE AND P3E) can bring us the quickiest as
the survey said at 53% an HEO every 5 years. should i say in less than 5 years.

Gunther wrote also " AMSAT NA is making substantial effort in support of the -DL effort and these same people
will be helping with EAGLE I & II." FINE lets puts our common ressources in the right order:

1-  Is AMSAT-DL need a push to achieve his 2005 P3E launch goal in 2005?
2-  Is AMSAT-NA present EAGLE thermometer can be redirected to P3E in a way to help the 2005 launch?
3- Is more funding to P3E can make a difference on the 2005 target launch date?
4- If the derivation of funds from EAGLE to P3E can ascertain and the or accelarate 2005 P3E launch date can
we think about AMSAT-DL sending back the elevator and providing funding for eagle?

Finally if we can at the membership level understand a bit more could be we can earmarked our donations on
any program knowing when our efforts will bring us the best results.

Could be we are wrong in our beliefs when we wants to funds P3E prior to EAGLE?  Could be this will not make
any difference at the AMSAT-DL level in their P3E launch goal? I think it is the time to hear from our German
friends their opinion. It is not a competition run to the first HEO in space but how to puts our efforts
togethers ans not against each others.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator