From: Dave Guimont [mailto:dguimon1@san.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 12:18 AM
To: Gunther Meisse
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] AMSAT Journal, Membership survey, ARISS/Human
Spaceflight- Meisse Reply -

*************clipped**********

>Your support of P3E is fine and we all support this fine bird, but please
>don't trash AMSAT NA in the same sentence. AMSAT NA is making substantial
>effort in support of the -DL effort and these same people will be helping
>with EAGLE I & II. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.. It is not an: "Us or Them"
>situation. AMSAT-NA is busy, as we speak, working on the Eagle birds and
>needs all the support we can get. This is a VERY expensive undertaking. I
>hope we can count on all AMSAT members from around the world in this
massive
>undertaking. It is going to take ALL of us pulling on this rope!!

Gunther, I'm not "trashing" AMSAT-NA in any, way, shape or form.  I've been
a member and supporter since Oscar 7; 25 years come April 05.

I am just of the opinion that ISS and FM voice LEOS interests will not
support a HEO, and that any money that is spent for either effort will not
promote support for anything more sophisticated (read $ and effort)....

So I'm just going to change the rope on which I am pulling.....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....