Re: and the majority has spoken?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Wycoff" To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 5:26 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] and the majority has spoken?

> this is the paragraph that got my attention. page 9
>
> "
> If we could only do one, which should it be?
>
> One LEO -1-2 years, One Phase 3 HEO every 5 years, One Phase 4 every 8
> years, One Phase 5 every 10 years, or full time focus on human flight. The
> majority (53%) of the members said "fly the HEO every 5 years". followed
by
> 31% preferring an LEO every 1-2 years (figure 20).
> "
>
> look where human flight came in less than 6%
> they say they are in favor for human flight but yet, they say they would
> choose HEO satellite???
>
> maybe AMSAT should choose one or the other.

I can't help but mention this, as this forum is largely unmoderated. I guess
I'll wear the flame target on my back for a while..

The results of the survey were published in the Amsat journal for the
benefit of the membership, and were not
released to non-members.  Until the data is made public, how about not
leaking it out on a public forum (the BB)?

This is not the first message that I've seen which contains data from the
survey.

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, Kansas