BNC T connectors ..................

After hearing that some hams are using a BNC T connector to combine the two
bands of the arrow antenna, I  decided to design a simple diplexer. I wanted
the diplexer to have a minimum number of parts with decent isolation.

Highlights:

1. The filter uses two chip caps, one chip inductor and two short pieces of
50 Ohm coax.

2. The 144-148 MHz side of the diplexer has a notch of >50dB at 435 MHz to
kill any harmonics.

3. The 430-440 MHz side has about 30dB of isolation at 144-148 MHz

4. Insertion Loss is less than 0.1 dB on both bands.

5. Return Loss is better than -17.5 dB on both bands.

This design could be better but I only had 10 minutes to work on it. There
might be a way of simplifying the design and improving the performance.

The PDF file can be downloaded here:

http://www.ibelings.com/n4ip/appnotes/ArrowDiplexer.pdf

Pieter, N4IP