Re: Elk Antennas for HTs?

I don't think the duplxer is a must for HT satellite operations.  My dual
band HT (W-32A) has a built-in duplexer.  The duplxer in the Arrow antenna
allows my duplexed HT to use two seperate antennas.  Since the Elk is dual
banded, this "extra" duplexer (?un-duplexer?) is not required.  The big
downside is the high probability that the 2m transmitter will desense the
70cm reciever.

As for a handle on the Elk, I think I have enough scrap aluminum to fashion
a handle for it :^)

Karl R. Sandstrom, K5MAN
(no fancy titles included)