RE: AMSAT Journal, Membership survey, ARISS/Human Spaceflight- Meisse Reply -

Gentlemen:

AMSAT-NA has been busy building Echo (LEO) which if fact could be construed
as an HT bird. I would point out that an easy satellite is VERY important to
all AMSATs (North America & Europe) since it can serve as an entrance level
device for new satellite enthusiasts as well as a fun bird for the old
timers. Echo also has many features other than FM voice and many members can
cut their teeth on the data transmissions.

Now, AMSAT-NA is now embarking on a concept of 24/7 HEO service with the
next being the AMSAT-DL P3E, followed by EAGLE I & EAGLE II. These birds,
particularly EAGLE I & II, will feature revolutionary new hardware offering
hams an exciting new set of challenges and opportunities.

Your support of P3E is fine and we all support this fine bird, but please
don't trash AMSAT NA in the same sentence. AMSAT NA is making substantial
effort in support of the -DL effort and these same people will be helping
with EAGLE I & II. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.. It is not an: "Us or Them"
situation. AMSAT-NA is busy, as we speak, working on the Eagle birds and
needs all the support we can get. This is a VERY expensive undertaking. I
hope we can count on all AMSAT members from around the world in this massive
undertaking. It is going to take ALL of us pulling on this rope!!

Regards,
Gunther Meisse
W8GSM
AMSAT LM:594