Mode V: was (AMSAT Journal, Membership survey, ARISS/Human Spaceflight)

>So anyone who has the talent and wants to start building
>a linear transponder, I think it wouild be a good investment
>though we have 0 funds at this time.  I favor a 10m uplink
>and 2m downlink 30 kHz wide transponder for many
>technical reasons I wont go into here...  see:
>
>http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/cubesats/mode-v.html
>
>ModeV is a name we made up for upside down ModeA
>
>de WB4APR, Bob

I think a 10 meter uplink/2 meter downlink is a great idea technically but
from a practical point of view, I believe, it has one big problem. The
potential for interference from the many illegal "free band" stations that
have taken over our 10 meter band.
I believe the idea is still practical with careful frequency selection.
Since the majority of these illegal stations use modified CB transceivers,
they tend operate on 'channels' rather than spread out over the band.
Provided the uplink band pass doesn't include any of these 'channel'
frequencies, the plan should be workable.

Steve .. AI7W
LM# 2270