Re: TV Emits Distress Signal

My vote is for "The lack of desire on the part of equipment manufacturers to provide proper shielding on late model consumer electronics"

If you read between the usual journalism dramatics, this is no different than any oddball emission from a piece of consumer equipment, except that this time it was on a frequency monitored by many sensitive ears. I'm sure that if someone put a mutli million dollar satellite in orbit that was looking for a signal on 147.450, they would be beating down my door looking for my MFJ 1270C no differently than that TV set.  It's luck of the draw, and he got REAL lucky (or unlucky).

I happen to own an answering machine that sits next to my clock radio in my bedroom that puts out a dead carrier on top of one of the radio stations I engineer for.. which keeps me from checking that station from bed when I get one of those late night wake up calls.  Maybe I should sue the manufacturer for "Malicious interference to broadcast services". :)

Danny Messano
KE4RAP

--

Danny