PCsat recovered!

At 1450z I noticed that PCsat's telemetry packets were
at serial number #452 meaning she had not reset for
452 minutes or about 7 hours.  Thus, she lives!

I just commanded her to low power mode to make sure
she stays that way.  Also I did notice that I got one
telemetry value of +150 mA from the NON-WORKING -Z
panel that is what caused her to fail in the first place.

This could have been a fluke telemetry (I had PASSALL ON)
but it if is real, then this could mean that thermal cycling
of the -Z panel has caused the "open" circuit to close...
The -Z telemetry is only available on the "B" side and that
is the side that downlinks on 144.39 so it is rare to get one
between all the normal APRS traffic on that channel.

Look for packets ending in ...,XX00,1.  The 00 packet is
the one with the -Z telemetry in it.  It is the value second
telemetry value, and any value above about 50 is a PLUS
current on the -Z panel!  The -Z panel points UP in the
southern hemisphere so it would be nice to get this data
from down under..

Typical packets of that frame of telemetry might look like:

W3ADO-1>BEACON:T#449,031,085,107,022,213,11111111,0000,1

Here the 085 is showing that the -Z panel is working! (because it
is greater than the nominal 47 count which is "0")

Check out the pcsat web page:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat.html

But PLEASE be gentle.  Beacons should only be once every 2
minutes and ONLY from atended stations.  QSO packets are OK
but do NOT wait for an ACK.  Once you see your message packet
digipeated by PCsat, then kill that message... everyone should
have seen it...

de Wb4APR, Bob