AMSAT Mission

In case anyone is confused about what AMSAT sees as it mission (re: comments on
ARISS), please review this information from amsat.org:

AMSAT is a non-profit volunteer organization which designs, builds and operates
experimental satellites and promotes space education. We work in partnership
with government, industry, educational institutions and fellow amateur radio
societies. We encourage technical and scientific innovation, and promote the
training and development of skilled satellite and ground system designers and
operators.

Our Vision is to deploy high earth orbit satellite systems that offer daily
coverage by 2009 and continuous coverage by 2012. AMSAT will continue active
participation in human space missions and support a stream of LEO satellites
developed in cooperation with the educational community and other amateur
satellite groups.

=====
Bob Witte K0NR
Email:  bob@rwitte.com or  k0nr@arrl.net