Re: FCC Adopts BPL Rules - Powell Gives Ominous Warning

RogerKola@aol.com wrote:
> And this is not a "veiled threat"?
>
> Chairman Powell had the last word however...(he)...warned
> amateurs, in essence, not to stand in the way of progress. "But let me
> underscore," the Chairman concluded, "the potential for the American
> economy is too great, is too enormous, too potentially groundbreaking,
> to sit idly by and allow any claim or any possible speculative fear keep
> us from continuing to drive this technology and drive America into the
> broadband future."
>
> Who appointed this guy?

Exactly.

Somehow "potentially groundbreaking" doesn't outweigh "speculative fear"
in my mind.

Potential does not a business make, and most of the reports I've seen
from engineers aren't very "speculative" at all.

Vote appropriately as you see fit.  And if you don't vote, don't
complain when you have four more years of the FCC pandering to big business.

Nate WY0X