Re: FCC Adopts BPL Rules - Powell Gives Ominous Warning

Bush named Michael (Michael is the son of Secretary of State Colin Powell) to
the head of the FCC.  The FCC would, shortly thereafter, preside over a case
involving AOL.  Colin Powell served on the board of AOL and was a significant
holder of AOL stock.  Michael Powell was the only member of the FCC to advocate
that the AOL-Time Warner merger go through without investigation. Conflict?

For a brief biography of Michael Powell see:
http://www.fcc.gov/commissioners/powell/mkp_biography.html

For a lengthy and informative letter to the _The New Yorker_ magazine see:
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?021007fa_fact

Cheers,
George, k6ite