From: "Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE)" <luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca>
To: <Amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Cc: <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] cost for streaming audio at the symposium...

On 12 Oct 2004 at 6:01, Frank H. Bauer wrote:

> All,
>
> I really like Ken's idea here.  AMSAT cannot continue to provide services
> and give freebies to the world.

There is nothing wrong giving freebies but when you have funding problem anyone should know sooner or later
someone will have to pay fot it.

Positive score.

Mr Bauer the recent ISS repeater operations provide a wonderfull tool to promote amateur space communications
here locally. I received numerous request let say a 300% increase in demands for ISS orbital passes and
request to obtain more details on how to work on this space repeater.

Without too much noise you succed to boost interest of many folks. Some are even complaining they don't get
the news about the opening of the ISS repeater!

You and your team at ARISS are scoring a 10 on this one. Aside of what i previously wrote more news will be
good news when there is real news to broadcast. This ISS repeater activities is a perfect example. Can we
expect some news regarding SSTV and other mode planning for the futur, it will be interresting to know. As
always no date just what we can expect next.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Qu»bec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)