French GRAVES radar operating frequency

Just read this on hearsat mailing list.

After a quick reading of a very technical paper in short They want to detect LEO satellites in the 500 to
1500KM range. They want to calculate and take measurements to ba able to calculate and correct the doppler
effect on the radar waves when they are travelling through the ionosphere. An ionospheric induced doppler?

On 12 Oct 2004 at 7:53, Allen Thomson wrote:

> For about a decade, France has been building GRAVES, a space surveillance
> radar vaguely similar in concept to the US' NAVSPASUR system.  The frequency
> has been described as "VHF", but details were lacking.  There's now a
> dissertation abstract at
> http://www.onera.fr/formationparlarecherche/journeesdestheses/phy2004/pdfs/PaillardonSebastienResume.pdf
> which says, "Le radar GRAVES est un radar bistatique CW fonctionnant dans la
> gamme VHF (143 MHz)" which, if my linguistic skills don't fail me, says "The
> GRAVES radar is a CW bistatic radar functioning in the VHF band (143 MHz)" .
>
> Once the transmitter at Broyes-les-Pesmes is put into full operation in
> summer 2005, European amateurs will have an opportunity to do things similar
> to the various amateur uses of  NAVSPASUR.
>
>  http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2000/ast06jun_1m.htm
>
>  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/raft.html
>
>  http://www.gate.net/~tomk/navspasur/navspasur9.html  ff.

> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/faq.htm