Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:43:49 -0700
From: "Ken Ernandes" <kene@braxtontech.com>
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] cost for streaming audio at the symposium...

Why not have those who use the streaming audio pay for it?  If each user
paid a nominal fee (such as $5) for the entire Symposium, it would only
require about 80 subscribers to pay for the feed.

Ken Ernandes, N2WWD

 > Why would $400. be a factor, the AMSAT symposium is the biggest meeting
that
 > AMSAT puts on. Having the streaming audio during this event is not going
 > make people stay home, those who are going to go, are going to go, but for
 > those who cant make it there, would have it and could enjoy the
 > presentations that are made and stay up to date on things. That is a small
 > price to pay when you look at some of the other ways AMSAT spends your
 > money.

Why for all original ideas those ideas who makes the world goes a step
forward always come from outsiders?
AMSAT should know many members cannot afford intercontinental flight fares
and they are duly paying members.

As they said better luck next time.
- ----